What am I thankful for this week? Umm, I’m kind of thankful my marathon is NOT this weekend! Haha but seriously, here is my list for this week!
1. I had a great run last night. Earlier this week I was feeling pretty Eeyore-ish. After being sick all weekend and into the first part of the week I hadn’t run in a few days. Yesterday it was rainy and yucky but I laced up my Brooks PureCadence, put on a hat and headed outside. I had a quality 6 miler that did wonders for my mood. I have no idea why I forget how much better running makes me feel. I pushed the tempo as well and for the first time in a long time I didn’t slow down for fear I wouldn’t be able to finish. That was freedom in itself!
Yes, I know I put all of these up yesterday but this one I couldn’t find. It brings me happiness that I can’t even behind to describe!
3. Skyped my family this week! It was wonderful to see them!
4. My niece gave me some quality advice about men. She is 18. I’m crazy about that kid
5. This weekend is the Campus Classic! I love this 5k! It was the first race I ever ran and I’ve done it every year since. It always reminds me how far I’ve come physically, mentally and emotionally. There is a MONSTER hill at the end that either a) brings ppl to their knees (literally), b) makes ppl vomit – last year I had to give it an “uumph” just to not get hit by the woman behind me or c) makes ppl simply give up. Me? It makes me push harder and get rid of the barriers in my mind! And helps me dodge vomit! ;) I NEVER dreamed I could be a runner. The race pretty much changed my life. Crazy, eh?
6. A great talk with my fabulous friend Kara :)
7. My dear friend Meagan has her first marathon this weekend! Good ol’ Chicago! I am SO incredibly proud of her. Last year, we did a half together – her first and she really put the pedal to the metal in her training. She has cut 2 mins off of her time and knocks out mileage like nobodies business. I absolutely can’t wait for her to cross that finish line! Of course I’m going to pick her brain a bit!
8. One of my besties got me this!
9. I am so happy to be feeling better! It was a brutal start to the week
I also got some fantastic mail this weekend – a lovely hoodie from WHOOHA Gear! I’ll be doing a review very soon!