Thanks for the support last week. Thankfully, time and communication helped the situation. I’m kind of lousy at expressing my feelings to the people in my life but I am glad I finally did. Even if it did make me want to vomit out of nervousness!
1. I was super social folks. I know, crazypants. Since my mom passed 3 years ago, I’ve become much more of hermit as my social anxiety essentially skyrocketed. More and more, I’ve noticed just how much I avoid social situations. I’m working on pushing myself but eek! It’s not easy. Anyway, two times were forced – I worked late and had to host candidates for my job. But I’m totally still counting these. Then I went to a friend’s birthday party (where I was only going to know 2 ppl – HUGE for me!) and then went to Jurassic World with a couple of friends on Sunday. Yep. Pretty successful social interacting business for me.
2. Jurassic World – I really enjoyed it. And while sitting there, one of my friends from college came on the screen! I didn’t even know he had a role in the movie! He did get eaten but I was rooting for him!
3. I did some running. Two treadmill runs due to weather and they were tough – as mentioned, treadmill runs are so much harder for me. But the other two were death marches outside. Per my usual m.o. I stalk my weather app. The weather looked wonderfully cool for a MI June but alas I forgot about humidity – curses! We’ve also experienced some impressive storms as of late which was the reason for the tready. I AM very pleased with a four day week.
4. Paris is getting ever closer! The bachlorette party is in Spain so this plane ticket (from Paris) has been booked and we already got part of the itinerary for the weekend. Let me tell you – it is swank! We will be enjoying a food festival in Barcelona along with a biking tour. Ummm… I haven’t been on a bike in 15 years!! Haha, this just cracks me up! Seriously, these are just two of the activities planned. It will be a beautiful weekend. I’m bringing my running shoes so I can run in every place we visit.
5. I purchased lovely succulents, and “pixie” plants for closed-top terrariums. I also bought a couple of other plants. I found this local nursery and I’m kind of obsessed. I want ALL of the plants! I’ll do a post once I get these bad boys finished up and seriously, it has made my apt so much more homey. It’s great.
6. Taye Diggs started following me on Twitter. Yes, I verified it was him. No, I didn’t follow him first. I’m fairly sure it was because I posted this random thing about my chicken burger. You see, on the back of my chicken burger package, it suggests different recipes. One of them was to add a fried egg on top, which to be honest, kind of weirded me out. So I shared this with the twitter-verse. Next morning, BAM! Taye Diggs!
That’s it for not – go forth and conquer your Monday! Or at least live through it!