Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I made it through today! Once upon a two or three weeks ago, I was going to spend each Thursday on “things that make me happy”. Today I had to dig deep to remind myself of things I am grateful for simply because it felt like Thursday was against me from the beginning. So here we are
1. Go GONZAGA! As my alma mater, I do LOVE me some Zags! I always wanted to go to Gonzaga – since kindergarten in fact! I spent a number of years there earning both my undergrad degrees and my masters. I seriously didn’t want to leave. So, when they are on tv, playing their hearts out, I cheer loud and clear! The one problem? I think I bring them bad luck! When I watch them they always seem to lose :( haha, yes, I am bonkers but it feels that way! Final score – Gonzaga-77, West Virginia-54
2. I had a horrible run today. In fact, after running the first mile, I wasn’t able to keep on going and ended up mostly walking the last 1.70. Boo. So why is this on my “makes me happy” list? As I was lacing up my sneaks I was thinking about how much I.Did.Not.Want.To.Run. But I got out there anyway. I totally worked my ‘willpower muscle’! As much as I wanted those 5 miles I didn’t get them… however, actually getting out there is a win.
3. My friend and I went out for dinner and a drink last night – just melts the stress away! We had a great time and talked about how silly men can be, running, our jobs – whatever came up at the time. We have been friends for a long time so it was a fun night.
4. I am really happy I signed up for this race. The last I left you all, I was having a panic attack about the mileage. Things have changed in the last 24 hours! We now have a team of at least 4 and possibly 5 or 6. The men who were part of our team could no longer do it so now it’s just us ladies! I do feel as though this has taken some of the pressure off and my anxiety has turned into excitement. I haven’t stepped up to a starting line since before Christmas and I am looking forward to it. Also, I have never run a relay and think this will be very fun.
5. So, that might be over-stating the power of knee-highs a tad BUT I do love them! Yesterday, I was rockin’ some knee-highs and my boots. Some folks questioned my style choice and I explained it DID look good :) It also reminds of the fantastic knee-highs I bought for St. Patrick’s day! Yay! More on the Saturday shenanigans tomorrow but they should be entertaining to say the least.
6. All day long I have been singing the Wilson Phillips song “Hold on” – just one more day until my weekend! I have tomorrow off and even though today was a cluster I knew if I made it through then I would be set for the weekend. This became my lil’ anthem today. Nothing like an anthem to get you through a few meetings, some minor emergencies, waking up late and then working late. Thanks Wilson Phillips
Well, that’s my list for this Thursday. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to knock out my long run since I am not quite sure what this weekend will bring. I have 8 miles listed and I am convinced they will go better than my miles today. Happy March Madness!