Things I am happy about Thursday! I really like doing these posts since I am trying harder and harder to focus on the positive things. Not to mention, it’s fun to look at what makes me happy!
1. Starburst jelly beans and a snickerdoodle cookie – these jelly beans are freakin’ awesome! If you haven’t had them, you really should run out to the nearest store and get some. I mean seriously, starburst flavor jelly beans?! They do have a grape and “green” flavor (not sure what it is) which are not my favorite but the rest bring a smile to my face. Snickerdoodles are my dad’s favorite so they always remind me of him :) Plus, this one was super chewy/soft. I chose wisely.
2. 9:55 min mile – last night I went for what was supposed to be an easy 4 miles. I started out and had to try and slow myself down since I knew I would burn out after a mile. For some reason, my pacing has been all over the place lately. After a mile, I walked for a little bit and then I gave myself a firm pep talk because in all reality I was just being lazy. My LAST mile clocked in at 9:55! What the heck?! Mind games AGAIN! I’ve been having a crisis of confidence, which I will talk more about tomorrow. But I am pretty darn happy about clocking a mile at this time.
3. This perfect bottle opener – I love this sucker! Haha, I got this from Emily for my birthday and I think it definitely deserves a blog shout out for it’s awesomeness :)
4. New running gear! – okay, I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I get for new running clothes. However, I really don’t need to be buying new stuff. I mean, I have A LOT of gear. Nevertheless, I am on a constant look out for shorts that I like. I have some tempos and I like them but sometimes I feel they ride up a bit. I hate it when shorts ride up! I bought a new pair of Oiselle’s and I have my fingers crossed these will be great.
5. Nuun – I am working on hydration. Since it jumped from a mild winter to the heat of the sun here, I have realized how badly I need to concentrate on drinking water. But this isn’t always enough and I need to bring something along with me WHILE running. Yesterday I brought something and I am fairly sure this was why I didn’t melt into a pool of mushy goo!
6. The above video! – This song is incredible and this snippet of what Ragnar could/will be like gives me the chills!
YaY! for happy things!