I really have started to look forward to Happy Things Thursday. In fact, I’ve started to pay more attention during the week to things that bring a smile to my face just so I can remember to write about them on Thursdays! What a great side effect! Actually being grateful! ***Warning*** this is going to be a bit cheesy: I feel grateful for feeling grateful! Yep, kind of lame BUT when I realize moments, people, things – whatever, I’ve missed along the way just because I wasn’t paying attention – shame on me! Waking up to this has been an important part of my healing… so here is this week’s list!
1. Umm… my pivot shorts/sweat pink laces give-away! Haha, I love offering this gifty to folks! Even better are all of the awesome comments and ways people use to motivate themselves. It’s been fantastic. One incredible bit of advice – be grateful for being healthy and “getting” to run everyday – I need to remember this! Click here to leave your comment/entry to win!
1.5. I.GOT.IN! Seriously, I think I read the email 3 times this morning before I believed it was true. There are also some other SPA’s (sweat pink ambassadors) running it so I will get to meet them IRL! The cherry on top? One of my best good buddies, Danielle, got in too so we are headed to San Fran together! The city will never be the same… ;)
2. Okay, so this is silly… but I can’t drink a bottle of wine on my own. I probably should be happy this is the case but I hate dumping half bottles down the drain. Then these caught my eye
3. Running and Reading Long – This is a fantastic program I am lucky enough to be a part of! One of my fellow Sweat Pink Ambassadors, Laura from Laura Lives Life, has created a program that involves reading running books and training. What I really love about this concept is integrating the mind and body connection. There are approximately 10 of us and we will read from the books Laura has selected and also do our long runs “together”. All of the participants are at varying levels of running and goals – ranging from 5k’s to half marathons. Since my confidence with long distance has been a bit faulty as of late, I am thrilled with this chance. Not to mention, becoming a more educated runner?! Yes please! You can click on the button below or it will also be added to my sidebar.
4. Groups of women – okay, this may seem like an odd category to be grateful for but let me tell you three stories:
1. I went to yoga a couple of weeks ago and we go around the room to introduce ourselves and talk a little bit about our day. I had a date afterward and shared this with the class. The class was all women this day of varying ages and they all broke out into some applause and “ooooo – fun!” It was so great!
2. There are a lot of Sweat Pink Ambassadors and it has been really neat meeting fellow ambassadors who are all on the path to living a more well lifestyle. I love that I sent a tweet announcing my give-away and others retweeted to help promote it. I love that I have “met” other women through blog comments/posts who are like me in some way, shape or form. I love feeling like I have a community with me every time I turn on my computer or lace up my pink laces!
3. My Ragnar Relay team, The Panty Raiders! I have never met any of them but they have been super supportive! Whether it was sending flowers and condolences when my mom passed, facebook messages or just their general enthusiasm for our team and soon-to-be-experience, I couldn’t have asked for better teammates!
Basically, I love being part of groups of women who rally around each other to support and cheer each other on! I used to believe I got along better with men but what I have realized is I didn’t fully appreciate what being part of a group of women means. I am so lucky!
5. This awesome cupcake? cake? pan! Not only is it super cool BUT it was on sale – love it just a wee bit more! I can’t wait to make these cupcakes, they are going to be HUGE!
Needless to say, it’s been a BIG Thursday for me! I even had to take a mini- time out because I was just kind of overwhelmed with the awesome-ness of today. I’m sure my 8 miler run tonight will be all kinds of jaunty and hopefully it helps burn off some of this energy or I may NEVER sleep again! Thanks for all of the support!
10 thoughts on “happy thursday”
Congrats on becoming a Sweat Pink Ambassador. I would love to be a part of someday!
If you can find a group of women who have similar interests/ideas to you (e.g. runners, foodies, etc.), they are the MOST supportive people! Its great when women encourage one another. Even in the blogging world I’ve seen so much positivity from others!
I LOVE that cupcake cake pan. I’ve seen them made at Crumbs but wanted to make one myself for a birthday or something. Take a picture of your cake when you make it so I have the courage to try it :)
I promise to take a pic and will post it! I am super jealous if you have a Crumbs nearby… well, maybe it’s better that I don’t. I visited the one in NY and wanted to live in the display case for a moment ;)
Haha yea its a blessing and a curse! I have to avoid the blocks with cupcakes on them because they are one of my weaknesses! Can’t wait to see how yours turns out!
What a great list! And I love that idea of running and reading, very cool indeed :)
I AM SO EXCITED YOU GOT INTO THE MARATHON!!! OMG!! That is SOOOO awesome!!!!! You realize your marathon is 1 week past mine so we’ll be doing similar training plans at the same time!!!! WE SHOULD RUN TOGETHER!!!!!
I love your comments about groups of women!! I have never understood when someone doesn’t get to know a “new” girl and just automatically doesn’t like her. I legit love girlfriends and love groups of women cheering each other on. Great post :)
Congrats on San Fran! What is this Sweat Pink you talk about??
Get those mini bottles of wine in my life… NOW.
Congrats on getting in!!!! That’s so awesome!!!!
I am very excited for the Running and Reading Long program to start as well! Can’t wait to support your running journey :)
Thank you! Man, I just LOVE the blogging/running community :) The program is going to be great!
What a cool idea to combine reading and running! Sounds like an awesome group of ladies. :)