I can’t figure out where the time has been going lately! I can’t seem to get my posts done at a reasonable hour! Thankfully, running out of time hasn’t been because of anything bad – I simply have been busy.
I haven’t done a grateful post in a long time but this doesn’t mean I haven’t had things to be grateful for – in fact quite the opposite! Here’s a list!
1. I had a dentist appointment today – boo! I really wasn’t looking forward to it because I thought I might get a firm chat about my lack of use of my mouth guard. Thankfully, this didn’t happen! Then my hygienist told me I had the prettiest eyes. Okay, I will go back there next week for my crown :)
2. I FINALLY was able to stock back up on this peanut butter – it’s my FAVORITE!
3. I also stocked up on this tasty business
what I really appreciate about this ketchup is it’s good, a little bit sweeter than the regular kind but doesn’t make me feel like I have been sucking on a salt lick when I am done with my dinner.
4. One more food pic – can you tell I was hungry when I wrote this?!
My friend Emily told me about this combo and I thought it sounded disgusting. Then I tried it and I was pleasantly surprised – wahoo! Another snack to crave that will go straight to my hips! ;)
5. I went for a run today. I really didn’t want to go this evening. I was tired, I have a big day tomorrow and sitting on my couch seemed MUCH more appealing. I told myself, just go and you only have to run a little bit. I ended up running 3 miles, walking 2 and then running 1 more mile home. Somehow, my first 3 miles were an average 10:20 pace and my last mile was 10:30. I was trying to slow them down since I was getting tired but my legs totally had a mind of their own. I was happy about it! I do need to work on my overall fitness since my lungs were having a wee bit of trouble keeping up with my legs!
6. This little guy
did you know it’s only $50,000 to clone Simon? I could have a little Simon FOR-E-VER! The poor guy is so furry so I turn on the fan and he sits right in the pathway of the cool air. Neither one of us were too happy about the 90* heat on Sunday!
7. I got to help celebrate a birthday last week! I love celebrating birthdays – mine and friends’! I feel birthdays are so important – everyone should feel special for AT LEAST one day a year!
There are a ton of other things and for some reason now I can’t remember them! I have realized paying attention to what I am grateful for has changed some of my thinking. Last week, I had really stressful day at work and before I started this the stress would have eaten away at me. But I am getting much better at ousting the negative thoughts and recognizing the GOOD things that happen – even amidst the stress. This is HUGE for me! It’s amazing how much happier in general I am. I also have found I see much more to be grateful for in a day than ever before. When I first started this, I would write things in my personal journal and I would struggle to find 2 or 3. This has changed completely – now my mind immediately jumps to the positive things rather than the negative. Yay!