As you may have noticed, there has been some silence around this here blog. I’ve had a tough time writing this week. Part of it was Ragnar exhaustion – is this a real diagnosis? It should be! Another part was a busy work week. The last part is today is the 6th month marker of my mom’s passing and I have been thinking about her a lot.
With all of this cluttering my mind, I couldn’t really find the focus to write. But that doesn’t mean I didn’t have a good week, just complicated!
1. Cherries are back in season! Yay!
2. I got a new job! More info on this to come (including a move that is going to be entertaining!). I am staying at my current place of work but am moving up in the world. I am really excited for this new opportunity!
3. My niece graduated from high school! How crazy is that? She is simply amazing and I love her to pieces. I can’t wait to see her in a month!
4. My first official S’more of the season! Even though there was a check point at Ragnar with them, my marshmallow wasn’t melted soooo, I’m considering this the first real deal.
5. Umm… my “temp” Ragnar tattoo still hasn’t washed off… everyone thinks it’s real and I’ve gotten a few, “wow, it totally makes you look like a badass!” Hmmm, should I make it permanent?! ;)
6. I had a great 5 mile run the other day. My love for running has returned. Yay!
7. We got a new fro yo place here! It’s pretty weird inside but there are 16 flavors and lots of toppings. Warning! It’s expensive! Oh and don’t get the red velvet – it takes chemically! BUT the birthday cake option was awesome!
8. I found a bunch of fun stuff on sale that I’m going to put together for a giveaway! Look for it soon!
9. I’ve been googling “small apt living” non-stop for the last 24 hours. I have been on pinterest stealing as many ideas as I can and am purging some of my belongings. Yep, my new apt is a wee bit smaller than my current one. Nevertheless, I’ve been bitten by the “less is more” bug and I am looking forward to getting creative with my space. Here is what I want my bed to look like
I know there’s more. Like I said, it was a busy week. And even though my mom isn’t here to help me celebrate some of these achievements and fun moments, I know she is proud of me.
OH! A very special Happy Birthday shout out to two of my dearest friends, Emily and Larissa! Love you both so much!