LOADS to tell you! :)
Today marks the return of Thankful Thursday! Yippee! I really enjoyed doing the Running and Reading Long program even though I kind of fell off the wagon and have 1/2 written posts about books that need a bit of finessing but are ready to go. In case you are wondering, this is how I was all through college too. In case you were NOT wondering… well, now you know.
So, here we go:
1. Friends I can call upon anytime for anything: this morning I had a minor panic and I texted my friend at 7 am. She didn’t waste anytime getting back to me and reassuring me. 7 am – that’s love! I texted my other friend a couple of weeks ago and told him I was having a bad day. His response? A compliment! And he checked in with me throughout the day to make sure I was hanging in there. I’m truly blessed in the relationship department!
2. I got a promotion! Haha, okay, so this is kind of old news but it dawned on me the other day in my search of routine, I forgot to CELEBRATE! Not in the “cheers” way, although this is definitely important, but in the, “hey Aim, you kick some booty!” way! So, a pat on my back, an “atta girl!” and a “I’m so proud of myself!” attitude has descended upon me.
3. I like tea! I’ve really wanted to like tea for a long time. It embodies tranquility and other zen-y qualities that I associate with melting away stress. I have found one I like, French Vanilla, with a bit of flavored creamer. It definitely helps to calm me and even fills me up a bit. With my increasing hunger, this is fantastic.
4. A great run! I got home from work yesterday a little worse for the wear. Whew! It was a DAY! I knew right away I wanted to run rather than do crossfit but melted into my recliner. A couple of hours later, I was still trying to give myself reasons NOT to run. Then I just got up. I decided to give my new Brooke’s Pure Flows a gander. Oh my! I LOVE them! I ran so fast! :) Seriously, all of my miles were sub-10 min miles and I haven’t been able to keep up this pace for more than a half mile or so in quite some time. Because I have been using a bigger shoe that offers more stability, it was suggested I only do 1-3 miles in them the first few times. I wanted 3. I thought about pushing more but I did feel some extra twinges in the forefront of my foot and decided to listen to my body and walk the 4th mile home. I also realized I could keep up with this pace, however, my breathing needs some work. I would catch myself NOT breathing from my belly and as soon as I did I felt much more energized and stronger.
5. My glutes hurt from Crossfit on Tuesday – this means I did my squats correctly :)
I like this list – it’s reflective of a week spent trying to get used to NOT having a routine, getting out from under stress but also simply accepting myself where I am at. Not to mention, at first, I couldn’t think of anything I was grateful for today – shame, Amy! That’s why I borrowed this idea in the first place! I’m also thrilled tomorrow is Friday even if it is a major working weekend… there WILL be some free time in there somewhere!