Happy October! I’m thrilled to welcome this month! Lots of fun stuff for this month and I am looking forward to embracing all that it has to offer.
I’ve been thinking a lot about the upcoming marathon. I’m super excited. But I will admit, I haven’t been respecting the distance – what I am about to take on. I read a lot of running blogs (I call them “my stories”) & I feel I’ve started to take the distance for granted a bit. I mean, doesn’t it sometimes feel like everyone is running a marathon, so what’s the big deal?! Haha, or maybe it’s just me and my ego over here :)
I remember right before my first 1/2. I was NERVOUS! I was consuming anything and everything running related (including cheeseburgers but that’s a whole other story!). I kept finding people downplaying the 1/2 marathon as not much of a distance. It made me hopin’ mad! Haha, and now I have found myself doing the same thing. So, I’m stopping this insanity! For all of you runners out there – be proud of whatever distance you are running! It’s all an accomplishment! If you are running 10 feet for the first time, a 10k or your first 26.2 – we should be so proud of ourselves! Running is HARD! Make sure you give yourself a pat on the back and celebrate your running accomplishments!
I’ve got some goals for these next two weeks as I finish out the prep…
1. eat healthfully
2. hydrate. then hydrate some more
3. decide on a marathon outfit (yes, this really is THAT important!)
4. get some solid sleep (stop taking naps and then going to bed at midnight!)
5. hit my work outs and runs
6. save some money for souvenirs!!! :)
7. get rid of unrealistic expectations of my first marathon performance – I want to be proud I finished!
8. get even MORE EXCITED!
9. run a strong 5k this weekend
10. concentrate on not stressing out! Haha, this might be the hardest one to achieve!
Nothing too complicated with these goals and they are all achievable. I’m simply setting myself up for all kinds of success! I also want to enjoy the whole experience! Yay! I’ll leave you with this because a) it’s TRUE and b) it’s FUNNY!