There seems to be quite a bit to talk about this week so let’s just dive right in…
1. I am immobile. My brakes are making this horrible grinding sound so I haven’t driven since the Friday before I left. This is quite the pain in the bum.
2. Have you ever had dates wrapped in bacon? I’m sure I’ve talked about them before but seriously, TRY THEM! So tasty! I eat them for dinner sometimes and did so last night. Here is a handy little directional and when you can’t stop eating them, I apologize.
3. I can’t remember my pinterest password. I rarely have to login using it so now it has left me. Unfortunately, the system won’t send me an e-mail to reset it. I am going MAD! I just want to pin!
4. Being without wheels means I’ve been walking all over for work. At first I was all grumpy about it but it hasn’t been that bad – even during the snow! I’ve even managed to leave early enough to get there on time, which I barely do even when my car is working.
5. Because of the cost to fix my car, I’ve had to rethink my race calendar. I’m trying reshape it a bit to more local races. Speaking of which, no Chicago Marathon 2013 for me. I am disappointed but I know I want to return to Disney World for the Goofy Challenge so maybe this is for the best.
6. I started my new epilepsy meds on Monday! I plan on doing a full post on this but all I can say is… I am a walking zombie! There is really no good way to explain it but I feel sufficiently out of it. I have forwarned my co-workers/supervisors and honestly, it’s probably better that I don’t drive for a bit considering my reaction time is that of a sloth. And it’s only going to get worse in the next couple of weeks.
7. Totally got suckered in! But ooooohhhh, so tasty!
8. As I mentioned Wednesday, Creme Brulee frozen yogurt was one of the best flavors ever. And now I’m craving it. I have my doubts I can travel to Vegas regularly to fetch myself one so I need to find a noble substitute.
9. I’ve watched this more times than I should admit
10. Sweet potato tots – I want them… very soon! I found a recipe to make them but I’m a bit lazy at times so I am going to look for the frozen kind and give ’em a whirl.
11. Tonight I get to find out of my dear friend’s baby is a boy or girl!!!!!!!!! Wahooo! I am so excited!
12. I’m reading “Wild” right now. One of my besties gave it to me for my birthday and it is really good. I hope to finish it this weekend and then I will do a full post on it. It’s on par with “Eat, Pray, Love” as far as helping me do some soul-searching.
13. Yesterday, I woke up in the middle of the night to Simon throwing up on my bed. I took care of it and went back to sleep. Fast forward to 8 am and I was going to feed him breakfast… apparently, he had already thrown up once before and I had the luxury of stepping in it. Boo!
14. I forgot a spoon the other day for my minestrone BUT I did manage to eat it with a fork! I know, will wonders never cease? (C’mon – 15 things is A LOT!!)
15. My good friend sent me this yesterday… it’s so true