15 thing Friday… these are my favorite posts to write. I know I have been seriously slacking in the posting department. It’s been a struggle. If you want to know more about my why, check out this “dark and ominous” post and you will get a bit of an insight. Also, 20 blog points (this doesn’t really mean anything but is fun to say) if you can guess which movie that’s from before #15 hits your eyes!
1. I have been running this week. Wednesday was one of the best runs I’ve had in over 3 weeks. Seriously, I want to weep for joy. And get this, as I was huffing through my 4 miles, I was sure I was hitting some slow paces. When I finished, 10:37 was my average pace. WTH? I have no idea where this came from. Smiley face commenced!
2. I saw this yesterday on pinterest and started giggling…
3. The style reno continues! I like this look below and have similar pieces already in my wardrobe. Easy-peasy and classy. Love
4. My nephew turned 17 this week. Whhhaaaa?? How can this be? I still don’t understand how my little dude got so big. I love the kid – he cracks me up and loves being a foot taller than me. One of his classic moves: in FL I asked him to text my sister about something. He told me his phone wouldn’t text. The next day I saw him texting and asked what he was doing and I totally busted him for being a lazy goofball. I am close with both of the kiddies, although they are now borderline adults. Crazy world friends.
5. Want to run a race for $11 AND get an awesome medal? Check out this site! It’s a virtual race and takes place in July. You can pick to do a 5k, 10k or a 1/2. Do it! It will be fun!
6. Speaking of savings, PRO Compression is having a hot deal for this month! Their purple and baby blue socks are on mega sale. Purple is for Team in Training (or epilepsy awareness!!) and baby blue is for Train 4 Autism. Use this code: SOMF4!
7. Last Saturday night I found this… I really don’t know what to say – is there a giant market for this? It makes me feel better about my chances of getting published some day
8. Here in Kzoo, we have seen the sun for 5 whole days in a row. People are walking around in shorts, which is completely uncalled for because it’s still in the low 40’s. Weird folks.
9. I signed up for a big race. I’ll tell you more about it next week and what I am thinking about doing with it. Hint: I will be needing some of the purple socks above!
10. This is what a craving looks like in my world. Thank goodness my friend drove me to McDonald’s this morning! Craving fulfilled!
11. Last weekend I walked to Target – 7 miles round trip. At the time, I kind of hated it. However, on the way back I realized it was a nice walk and it was considerably better than sitting on my bum. It will be happening again this weekend.
12. My BIL posted this to my facebook on Wednesday. I love it.
13. My brother has moved to Paris! Yes, I will be going to visit him at some point soon. Even though I have been lucky enough to travel around the world, I have completely missed Europe. I think it’s time.
14. I’m still on this massive cinnamon-sugar bagel kick. One day I think to myself, this is the last one. Then I get sucked in by its tastiness and I can’t stop myself.
15. Have you guessed the movie yet?! It’s “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” – one of my favorites. This scene always cracks me up!
Oh and one more for the road: