Oh thank goodness – FRIDAY! I wasn’t really sure I was going to make it!
1. It has been incredibly stormy all week. I really love storms but wish they would work with my schedule! Running in thunder and lightning is ill-advised.
2. Remember how I told you I’ve gone through multiple iPods? Well, I finally got the one cleaned up that had banana all mushed into it and last night I plugged it in. I was pretty excited when I saw it come to life but it’s been acting weird and I have no idea if it will work or not. It’s probably a false positive.
3. Last weekend was my dear friend’s baby shower! We all had a wonderful time and she looked beautiful! Not to mention the kick ass gifties her and the baby got! My favorite gift presentation was a woman used a jump rope and then used clothes pins to clip little presents (clothes, a toy, etc) to it. Adorable and so creative!
4. I was in charge of the veggie plate and I had a vat left over. I’m not kidding. I’ve been attempting to plow through them but I feel I’ve barely made a dent! I think I’ll finally try some fried rice (nope, didn’t do it last weekend)
5. I saw this last week on pinterest and LOVED it!
7. This article has some pretty good tips for becoming a morning work out person. Yes, I probably have pinned every one of these possible but I really want to give it a shot!
8. Buzzfeed brings me joy – Teachers who got the last laugh
9. Yesterday I realized I only had ONE Chobani Flip yogurt left. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be heading to Target to replenish
10. Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred – I am assuming you have all heard of this? I was looking at a blog the other day and they were some amazing before and after pics of the 30 days! I’m impressed. So tomorrow I am starting said 30 day shred. Maybe I will hate it or it won’t work but hey – as they say, the time will pass anyway.
11. Working on my motivational wall! I saw the idea on pinterest and I have the perfect place for it – on the back of my living room door. I am a huge believer in having pictures and quotes as a source of motivation and sometimes just the “oomph” I need to get up. Motivation walls can be used for anyting, the link just happens to focus on losing weight
I do have one rule for my personal motivation wall – there can’t be any negative messages. Considering my internal monologue borders on abusive at times, I am attempting to refocus this energy toward the positive. So, there will be nothing along the lines of, “get up fat ass” or “You are so lazy – MOVE”… I do not find this motivating anymore!
12. I’m working out of a different office during the summer. This one is much busier and I am working out of a cubicle, which isn’t bad but my computer faces the line of foot traffic. And you know, sometimes I just need to pin something or read a blog or check on my friends on facebook. But I feel guilty. I am guessing/hoping this will pass since others do the same but since I am out in public, it’s a bit different. Boo.
13. This is real and the crappy pic was taken by yours truly. But the important part of this is that you can “find SUPPLIES” on Amazon for the zombie apocalypse! That’s a nifty vest right there because seriously people, we are all going to want a nifty vest.
14. My brother thought he was very funny by posting this article about a woman who allegedly got contact fungus? Eyeball fungus? from her contact lens. This was during my minor meltdown on Wednesday… he really is so caring! He also said I should try this – it didn’t work.
15. wisdom from one of my favorite movies!