So you know, I have this race tomorrow… I bought the bib from another woman who couldn’t do the race anymore and because she is smarter than I am, she signed up early. This meant I got this bad boy for $40! Super cheap 1/2 marathon! I really am looking forward to pushing my way through all 13.1 miles. Then on Sunday I made plans with a newbie runner friend for 4 (recovery) miles. Also, I want to hit a higher mileage week to prove to myself I can.
1. I have the DAY OFF! Why does it always feel extra special to have a day off? Of course I have had Sat/Suns off each weekend but this extra one feels especially relaxing. I saved it up for this week and kind of had a count down.
2. To make my day off even better there is a Supernatural marathon on today. It was a total surprise! Of course all productivity has gone out the window for today.
3. Bad thing about having this feeling of utter relaxation? I have a headache – actually a migraine threatening to punch through. This isn’t atypical for me, it’s a pattern that established itself back in college.
4. In none-day off news, there’s that 1/2 marathon I mentioned above! The phrase “1/2 marathon” scares me a lot more than saying I need to run 13 miles so this is what I am sticking with. It will be the furthest I’ve run since Jan. I am nervous.
5. I got this card yesterday. I love cards. I love this card the mostest.
6. I am amazed at how much money I’ve saved by cutting out almost daily trips to McDonald’s for coffee and breakfast. It’s shocking. While I knew it was costing me, I completely ignored the math. Any of you have daily habit that you’ve given up recently? Were you as surprised as I was by the savings?
7. I love this. A lot
8. Have your feet gotten wider since you started running? I didn’t notice it until the last year or so but I don’t wear heels much anymore (if at all) and even flats don’t really agree with me like they used to (better than heels though – good thing I have my Toms!). I am grateful I will never be tempted to wear crazy high heels and proceed to walk around like a newborn calf
10. I think I’m out of 15 thing friday practice… this is harder than I remembered!
11. I got an e-mail today that said one of my student loans was in deferment – just like I applied for! Except I didn’t apply for this deferment. I freaked out. Did someone hack into my account? The following dawned me a few minutes ago a) who would steal my student loans?! b) and why would they be kind enough to put my loan in deferment?! A nice identity thief? Anyway, turns out when I signed up for classes, Sallie Mae was notified and they figured I would want this. Truthfully, I was tempted… for about 5 minutes. But then I wouldn’t be done paying off my loans until I was 60 or something. Not worth it.
12. I won some SWEET swag from the two wonderful women who do the “Longest Day” walk to remember. I met both of them through our lovely internets and they coordinated our Ragnar Relay team last year. They each ran/walked somewhere around 40 something miles and raised funds to support Alzheimer’s research. I feel ridiculously lucky to know them! Rachel blogs over at Running In Real Life and she is a hoot! I won a hat, socks, a wicked cute marathon shirt, and some wild running pants! What a fun box to win!
13. I also won some Salted Caramel GU from Too Tall Fritz last week! I’ve been wanting to try it since blog world folk have raved about it. Can’t wait!
14. I tried these for the first time during a training run. They are delish. I will be using them tomorrow and I’m excited to see how they “perform” in a race.
Hope your day flies by like a day off does! It’s almost the afternoon – how did this happen?! Happy weekend eve!