Today is a list kind of day…
1. The other day I put a banana in my purse and walked to work. I have no idea where it went between my apt and my office. I went to grab it around 11 am and it was nowhere to be found. I will admit that I *might* have eaten it and I just don’t remember. Monday this happened with another banana and I asked my office mate. He confirmed consumption of said banana. So… not sure…
2. My summer project kicked off with a bang last Friday. Whew! The project involves all of my administrative weaknesses. To say it’s been a challenge is an understatement. I woke up at 4 am Thursday morning with a major panic attack. I had made a mistake on Wednesday and at that point I was sure everything else was wrong, too. I was breathing through it and it started to go away and then a whole new wave of panic hit. I put on some soft music and continued to breathe. I saw this last night and will repeat it:
3. I went back to my running beginnings and purchased some Asics. I got the Nimbus to be exact and I’m fairly certain I mentioned this already. I’ve done a few runs in them on the treadmill and I do like them. They kind of feel a little clunky compared to the Brooks Glycerins but the cushion is nice. And they are a pretty mermaid green (not the actual name, mistake on their part) – always helps!
The toe box is wide enough for my flipper-like feet and I’ll probably take them out and about this weekend. I still really like the Hokas though. Or maybe I like the idea of the Hokas? I’m thinking I should just give shoe experimenting a rest. I just bought some Altras (they were on sale) and I ran in them for about 5 mins on the treadmill last night. I am not convinced these are for me. I do LOVE the wide toe box though so I might give them another shot. Maybe.
3b. I emailed the Hoka customer service to see if they come in a wider width and a) they got back to me within 2 hours – nice! and b) they suggested I try the Conquest or the Bondi 3. They suggested an exchange but I didn’t buy my shoes through them and I’ve been wearing them. Sooo, I will need to wait on this purchase. But the hills are once again alive with my hopes!
4. This race is coming up so quickly! May 10th! EEK!
5. I’ve actually gone to bed early a few nights this week. As in, I turned the tv off at 10 pm and maybe checked out some pinterest for a bit then SLEEP. Strange. Part of this has been me failing asleep on the couch. While not ideal, it does mean I am getting a few more zzz’s so I’ll take this as a first step.
6. Saturday is the first day off I’ve had in two weeks. I’m elated. Sunday I need to come back to the office so I’m especially looking forward to the island in the stream. Nothing fancy planned – laundry, a run – the basics. But the day will be ALL MINE.
7. Everyone has been put out by the rain this week. Me? Nope – reminds of WA during early spring! I have wimped out and ran inside on my treadmill though. For a couple of hours I decided the treadmill is making me a wuss since I run inside when the weather is kind of crummy. Then I realized I would likely not run at all and once again came to the conclusion my treadmill purchase was a good one.
Just some random musings, I guess. I feel like there was something of real substance I was going to include on this list but maybe that was just my banana story and shoe update. Oh and the panic attack – when I share about these it helps me for some reason. Not terribly exciting but you know life isn’t always giant bundles of hula hoops and glitter. I’m good with that.