There are a few stories/situations rattling around in my brain that don’t really warrant a whole post so time to serve up some blog post stew.
1. This goose was getting its Karate Kid moves ready for me. I took an alternate route because geese are freakin’ mean and I have no desire to play a game of chicken with a goose.
2. My feet are a bit worse for the wear recently with the lack of arch support in my uber fun summer shoes. I’ve found some Sketchers that promise to help with this issue and meet my standard of cuteness so hopefully these will work a little better.
3. I played furniture tetrus on last week in my living room. My living room is 10×10 so fairly small. It takes a lot of minor movements to situate it. I *think* I like it but the verdict is still out. I’m playing again with my bedroom in the upcoming days. Moving a queen size bed in a tiny room is essentially trying to find a place for this little bitch when the time has started speeding up:
Funny thing, I’ve moved my furniture around more in the last year than I did in the 9 years I lived in my previous apt.
4. I reached laundry rock bottom the other morning… I’m 36 years old and had to perform the “smell test” to make sure I could wear an unlaundered item. This isn’t the first time either but it was when it finally dawned on me how pathetic this was! In my old apt I had my own washer/dryer and I certainly didn’t take it for granted. Not a day goes by where I don’t mourn my w/d…
5. Last Tuesday I had to use all of my faculties to keep my ADD brain under control and focused as there was a big project to finish. I was successful and productive! This takes so much energy and in the evening I was a bit of a zombie. When I have days like this, the next day I feel as though I’ve tapped my productivity reservoir completely dry. Oh sure, there is some residue at the bottom but it’s tough to move it to the areas where I need it.
6. I’ve been using my passion planner! Now this DOES deserve its own post and I will get to it either at the end of this week or the next. I wanted to give it a go some.
7. I broke my non-running streak. I was trying to decide if this mini hiatus was a good thing or a bad thing. Then I decided not to put a value judgement on it and recognized it was a needed thing. Just a bit of a running breather…
8. Allergies? What the heck nature – why are you out to get me? I had ONE day out of last week where I didn’t feel like staying in bed. Massive headaches and stuffy nose/sneezy horribleness. This is most certainly a notch above any other forms of allergies I’ve had in the past. I’m not happy about it. And I don’t have a clue how to deal with it – suggestions PLEASE!
9. Umm… that’s it.
10. Oh wait! I like olives again! Phew – that certainly was important!
One thought on “blog post stew”
Olives = EWWWWWWWWW