My life is pretty boring right now – at least to other people. Talking about work non-stop is not a theme for this blog so instead, it’s another volume of blog post stew!
1. I made mug macaroni and cheese. Or “easy mac” if you will. I didn’t have any milk so I searched pinterest over to find one that didn’t need any. I found this one and it was really good! Heed my warning – the water bubbles EVERYWHERE in the microwave. Put a towel under the mug or put the mug in a bowl. It was a mess. I also put a bit of butter in with the noodles right before I added the cheese; either way is good. It was even creamy without milk. Oh and rinse out the mug immediately; it’s a bitch to clean.
2. Simon decided to vomit all over the apartment yesterday while I was at work. On my bed, on my couch (thankfully he got it on the blanket), right at my front door – and a few other places. Poor little dude didn’t feel well.
3. I’m currently fiddling with my coffee recipe. It makes me feel unsettled – I need my coffee routine! Haha, I’m such a maroon when it comes to my coffee.
4. I’m working on using small pockets of time. I get stuck in the mindset of, “I don’t have enough time to start/do/work on” whatever project. It’s the same way I feel about running – that if I don’t have time to do 5 miles or so then it’s a waste. Yes, silly. With regards to using these small time intervals, I’m concentrating on seeing what I CAN accomplish. For example, I paused a tv show the other night and washed my face so I would be ready for bed later. I was heating up dinner in the microwave last night and I washed my coffee cup and made my morning coffee. I washed a couple of other dishes, too. Yes, there is still silverware to be washed (man, I hate washing forks!), however, I just bought myself an extra 4ish minutes in the morning. For this sleeper-inner, that’s A LOT!
5. I’ve been going to bed fairly early lately! In fact, last Thursday night I fell asleep at 9:15 pm. All last week I turned the tv off at 10 pm and then readied for bed. I’m going to try to shorten the getting ready part so I can be in bed even earlier.
6. Grocery shopping on a Sunday… avoid it if you can.
7. I went through a car wash yesterday! I’ve never done it in my own car before! Seriously, I’ve always been nervous I wouldn’t know what to do or I would crash into the side or something. I’ve washed my car but just never been through the machine. I LOVED IT! Haha, best $6.00 I’ve spent in a while.
8. Here’s a picture of my sister, niece and soon to be sister-in-law flashing some WA pride at my dad’s wedding. There will be more random pics of my recent travels in future posts!