I have no idea if this will be a regular thing but the following are all things swimming around my brain but don’t necessarily warrant their own posts. Plus it feels nice to let it flow.
1. For the last several days I have not been able to figure out what day it is. Sunday morning, I woke up and started to get out of bed for work. Then “YAY!” it’s Sunday and I went back to sleep. Monday, I couldn’t figure out why I was waking up since clearly it was a weekend and the same thing happened to me yesterday. Somewhere my brain is all confused.
2. I got the absolute last hotel room in Detroit for the Freepress marathon. Alright, this *might* not be true but it’s pretty close. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to wait until the last minute to book a place to stay. I couldn’t find a hotel room for less than the black-market price for my kidney so I resorted to Airbnb. I found one that didn’t look creepy and was right in the middle of the action – score! It wasn’t cheap, $150 (I mean, it isn’t expensive but I would be sleeping on a futon, so the price is up there) but it was going to be easy. I did think it was funny that I was paying some guy to stay in his basement… something sounded vaguely horror-film about this. Apparently I got denied. Office mate suggested I check out a site called “Couchsurfing.com”. This was a bit too rustic-I-might-be-staying-with-a-serial-killer for me. OH! One guy on the Airbnb site is renting out his mini van as a “futuristic sleeping pod”. Decided against this one too.
3. I had mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch the other day. It was splendid.
4. I feel better than I did last week. I hooked myself up with some Nexeum and it seems to be helping. Now, there is much less of the bloat and nausea. Also, last week I was throwing pills down my throat like a hungry-hungry hippo goes for marbles. My uterus throws a tantrum every month due to the lack of a fetus and Motrin 800s and other pain killers stay by my side. I’m guessing the pills weren’t doing my fragile little tummy any favors. I can feel the Nexeum wearing off in the evening but it gets me through the day.
5. I went running the other night and didn’t wake up 5lbs lighter. WTH? Last week I was telling office mate about how people swallow tape worms to lose weight. He was skeptical and asked me where individuals would get some a thing. Ummm… the internets, friend. He called my bluff and .2 seconds later, I was staring at a site selling live tape worm eggs. I promise, I didn’t order them but I could not stop laughing at the guy who is/was selling them. We googled him. I am not sure he counts a reputable seller – come to think of it, someone selling parasites with the intended purpose of weight loss (or to “play a joke on your friends!”… horrible friends) probably doesn’t care about reputable.
6. My work calendar proved yesterday was going to be a beast. It didn’t lie.
7. More running last night. Actually lots more running in my future. See number one. See the count down calendar to your right. See my fear.
8. Yesterday morning I started choking – I think on some coffee grounds. Some coughing at first. Then some more. Pretty soon, office mate was pushing cough drops at me and asking me what I needed. One of my supervisees ran and got me some water. Tears were streaming down my face and others in the office came in to see if I was ok. I wasn’t. I could not stop coughing. After 15 mins it finally subsided a bit but man, it was rough!
9. I have achieved some “beach waves” with my hair. I am more excited about this than I should be.
10. 1/2 marathon this weekend! More on this soon.
Happy weekend eve!