Yesterday I made a couple of very bad decisions.
1. I decided that drinking a protein drink mid-day was a great idea. And maybe it could’ve been if milk wasn’t the first ingredient. Don’t you worry though – I laughed in the face of this AND the soy it contained as well.
2. Eating ALL OF THE CHIPS AND SALSA! I really miss this delectable combination. I still felt kind of hungry after dinner so I went to town on a jar I purchased of salsa “just in case I had company” – yeah right, and my favorite gluten-free chips.
Today I want to dig my insides out with a spoon – jack-o-lantern style. Oh wait, it already feels like this is happening. Lately, I’ve wanted to go back to my old style of eating, which on some occasions works out okay. However, I need to take a deep breath and recognize this is a lifestyle change. I have to limit it to one bad choice every few days. Or something like this. I’m bored with following these special diets is all. But the pain today (and yesterday) is a good reminder to suck it up!
Okay, on a different and less whiny level here are a few things I am loving at the moment:
1. The Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away. Great scott – this vacuum is amazing. I mentioned it back around Thanksgiving as I went to pick it up during Black Friday shopping. I got it for $170 which was a total steal. It’s swive-ally, works on carpet and regular floors and is a beast at sucking up cat hair. I’m in love with it.
2. Chex gluten-free maple/brown sugar oatmeal. Since August I’ve been on a major oatmeal kick and I was worried I wouldn’t be able to eat it. But this fits with both the GERD/FODMAP diets and it tastes delicious.
3. Lindt truffles. They only have the chocolate on the outside and vanilla goodness on the inside seasonally – unbeknownst to me. This meant when I enjoyed them during Christmas and went on a mission to find them afterward they weren’t there. Truthfully, I was a bit crushed. Now they have them for V-Day and I’ve stocked up. They are rich so one is a perfect treat for me.
4. Homemade freezer meals. Freezing my leftovers is typical for me but actually eating them wasn’t one of my strengths. This has changed for the better and it is awesome to come home and realize I have a real life meal that just needs to be defrosted. It’s magic.
It’s wonderful. I’m not a new fan – I love her song “Breathe Me” that’s been around for a long time. Also, this rendition of Hozier’s Take Me To Church song.
My sister played it for me during the holiday and I could listen to it on repeat.
6. My essential oil diffuser. I got it for Christmas from the fam and I really like it. Right now I have Now Foods Peace & Harmony Calming Blend and I do feel calmer when it’s on. It’s nice and not something I would have purchased for myself despite being wildly interested in essential oils and the benefits of them (and spices in general).
7. Brooks PureFlow. It took me a long while to get back to these as I was hypnotized by the thought of more and more cushion. Then I put them on and realized these are a great fit.
I thought I had more loving on things and I’m sure there are but as for now this is the list. Oh I should mention the energy bites I wrote about last week, completely in love with these still! And this is also entertaining: