Thankfully, my post on Monday doesn’t reflect my entire week – only certain parts of it. But this is normal, especially this time of the year with work. We are gearing up for our “end of the year” and there are days where it doesn’t let up.
However, there have been some really high points! So I will detail those here:
1. I ran/walked 102 miles in March. Considering my back has been a jerk face, I’m really proud of this. Being in New Orleans helped a ton because, get this, we walked 54 miles during that time! Holy red beans and rice!
2. I helped/went with my buddy who bought a new car. Very exciting indeed. It’s nice to go with someone who is spending money because I can get the same retail therapy benefits without spending my own money. Kind of handy. And I was the first passenger – I felt all special.
3. Still plowing through LOST. I’m seriously invested and last night came close to ugly crying through an episode. Digging this show – nice work J.J. Abrams. Although, I will admit to wanting to write him letters asking him WHY on many issues. That might be stocking though…
4. My shoe inserts came! Tonight I will get to use them for the first time. I have high hopes/expectations for these. Probably too high but this is my personality. Also, a good back-cracking appointment with Dr. Chiro.
5. I didn’t go into detail just yet about my great tarot card reading experience in New Orleans – post coming soon. I also got a candle from her a few days prior to the reading. She asked me a couple of questions and then picked it out for me. As the candle burns there are charms in the wax and they represent a certain something – whatever comes to your mind first. My first charm came up – it was very fitting. Seriously, I was over-analyzing and I said to myself, “I just need a sign” and boom! I got one.
6. I need a new battery for my Misfit Shine. This means I’ve used the heck out of it! Yay me.
7. Back on the gluten-free train after my vaca. Monday I was in the throes of a lack of gluten detox and it was ROUGH. I seriously had the dumb. And the grumps. I’m feeling better though, emotionally and physically. Friday and Saturday I could feel some of the depression increasing and while I’m still trying to rid myself of a “heavy” emotional state (it’s the only way I can think of to explain it), I’m doing better. I’m looking forward to feeling lighter in a few days.
8. I got the sweetest giftie from my grandma in the mail – a super endearing note and a small puzzle piece charm with the words “I am loved” on it. It was perfect timing – another sign I needed.
10. I also have some amazing friends.
My brain tends to notice/remember the adverse happenings and I’m working on changing this. I know much of it is habitual. I started this post groaning about the parts of the week that DIDN’T go well. Then I hit delete. Smart move.
Do you have a habit of noticing the negative first?