Here are a bunch of random tidbits:
1. My co-worker bought these for me as he knows my love/obsession for Sharpies. My heart not only skipped TWO beats but then it began to sing.
2. I adore the fact that my name has a letter from the first part of the alphabet, the middle and then the end. I am also crazy about the letter “A” and have many of them in my apt. One is even part of my tattoo. Yesterday I took this photo:
3. Monday I walked to work, walked back for lunch, walked back to work, then to a meeting and then back and then home. All of this? Almost 4 miles! Walking back and forth to work is definitely going to be my new thing as it’s an easy way to get some steps in during the day. Seriously, I didn’t realize how sedentary I was until I got this activity tracker – it’s kind of scary. Another bonus, it takes about 8 mins to get to my office from my apt and this is fairly close to what it takes to get in the car, drive to work, park and walk into the office. And a reduced carbon footprint, yo.
Yesterday I clocked in another 4 miles during the work day with this walking business. The only downside is I’ve given myself a small case of shin splints because of improper footwear. I’m trying to remedy this. Still, another 4 miles!
4. I had a doc appt yesterday morning at 7:45 am. I don’t know how you early morning people do it – whether it’s working out or for work. I struggled since I had to wake up at 6:10 am. Eww.
5. I finished LOST on Monday. I was/still am very attached to these characters. I’m struggling to let go.
6. I went to Costco yesterday and was enticed into purchasing 2 lbs of beautiful strawberries. The problem? I’m a party of ONE! What was I thinking?! I gave away a decent handful today so here’s hoping I can eat the rest of them fast enough.
7. Someone put a can of Easy Cheese (or a version of it) in the hazardous waste bin in one of my buildings. I couldn’t stop laughing at the brilliance and accuracy of this!
8. Donuts. I love a good donut. There have been donuts in our office twice this week. TWICE. The smell is intoxicating! It’s not the actual donut that I’m against, it’s the damn gluten. I know I could have one and it wouldn’t be the end of the world but I see it as a waste of my gluten eating. For instance in a week, I’m going to have my very favorite pizza ever. I’m saving my gluten consumption for this. Not to mention, I don’t want it to become a habit of “oh, it’s just this one thing” and then it turns into more and more. So, a no to the donut.
9. This poor model had her leg photo shopped out – seriously fashion peoples, stop with the photo shop/air brushing already! And for the record – she did have a second leg in her other photos.
Do you love your name?
Do office supplies leave you as giddy as they do me?