I’ve been absent so be prepared for some blog post stew:
1. Last week I was struck with the dreaded “spring cold”. What I thought were allergies when I woke up the morn of the race turned on me. A cold it was. Naturally, my stomach thought it was unfair another part of my body was getting sympathy and attention and decided it needed to put up a fight as well. Thanks stomach, you’re a peach. The sicknesses lasted through Monday and yesterday I felt more like a “hooman”.
2. During this time, there was an intense lack of activity. It was all couch all the time. I did go for a 3 mile walk with my friend on Thursday eve and then a 5 mile walk on Saturday eve when I thought I was healed and ready to go. I came home from the Saturday walk and fell asleep on the couch at 8 pm. I was OUT. Perhaps not quite as healed as I thought.
3. Mother’s day isn’t my favorite since my mom passed. My friend and I went to see the new Avengers movie and it was a great decision! I came SO CLOSE to bailing! I was sickly, sad, and wanted to wallow. Thankfully, I forced myself to bathe and hit the big screen. I was proud of myself.
4. It is COLD around these parts! I’m talking 30’s in the morning and yesterday it didn’t get higher than low 50’s. Spring is getting beat upside the head.
5. My eating habits have been a bit out of whack for the last two weeks. I’ve eaten out 4 times during this period, which isn’t usual. Then, after LOST ended, I ate my emotions for the rest of the week. Okay, the rest of that week and the next. Seriously, I have to stop buying peanuts. They are not safe in my apt and I’ve been snacking all the live long night. Last night, I decided it was time to rein it back in as my pants feel a bit tighter. Stupid snacks.
6. I bought my plane ticket to Paris!!!!!! I am very excited. I was super nervous to hit the “buy” button though. In fact, I should’ve purchased this bad boy a few months ago but I’ve never dropped a grand on a plane ticket before. I’ve been around the world but that was on a boat. It was a bit of sticker shock to do this. It’s a huge weight off of my shoulders so it was silly to wait so long. I also put in for my passport renewal so I’ve got this adult-ing thing down.
7. You know what is a true luxury? A fresh pair of contacts. This morning I could barely keep my eyes open. Yes, part of it is I’m exhausted but the other part of it was my depleted contacts. New ones in my eyeballs at lunch and I’m functioning again. Yay!
8. Time to jump back into my training regimen. I know tonight’s run will be a bit unkind. I’m running out of excuses and I need to get over the fear of the impending hurt! Must stop procrastinating (seriously, I’m considering it right now!) just get it done, Aim!