This isn’t a question I think you are asking… more a question I’m asking myself. Where have I been the last two months?! I’m not even sure I know the answer. I miss my blog and the urge to write is making my fingers itch. So back in the proverbial saddle. I feel a bit rusty though…
A brief rundown of my what I’ve been doing:
1. The holidays. I headed back to WA like I do every year. This was different since it was essentially a “Very Brady Christmas”. My sister in law and brother in law came from Paris, and these were simply two of the folks joining in on the festivities – there were many others. I will be honest, I was slightly apprehensive. It all seemed so BUSY. Of course, I worried needlessly. It was an amazing visit. I will write a full post because my family deserves more than a paragraph in a recap.
2. I greeted the new year with sickness. I’m thinking this is my new thing. For the last few years, I’ve come back to MI and within a few days, come down with an ailment. Planes man… they are flying germ buckets. I then proceeded to pass along my troubled immune system to office mate. He has had his revenge though because now he is getting sick AGAIN and I am about a day or two behind him. The little virus critters are taking hold. We are passing disease back and forth and I am lysol-ing the entire office. We share the same phone and same bin of pens. We are a biology experiment gone wrong (or gone right depending on which tests you are running).
3. Job searching, resume writing and new career finding. This is definitely one of the biggest changes I’m currently undertaking. I’ve known for a while this was the direction I was headed but now I’m actually making some progress. Back to the great Pacific Northwest for me and it includes a career shift. I’ll miss higher ed but I’m eagerly anticipating a different challenge. The cross country move, while necessary, is some scary business though!
4. Work. Work always seems busy for anyone and everyone I know.
5. Actually cooking! I have a post that is mostly written on this and I’ve been impressed with myself. I realized it’s been some time since I was cooking meals and it was having a detrimental effect on my overall eating habits. A blueberry muffin, blueberries and skinny pop are not the best dinner combination. I wouldn’t say I committed to cooking dinner, rather I did it one night and then kept going from there.
6. I’m working on talking my sister and brother into doing a sibling 1/2 marathon. I am slowly convincing them of what an amazing idea this is! It means I need to get a move on with getting back into shape. My current shape is more blob-like. And I have no muscles to speak of.
7. Lastly, I’m still eating ice like mad. I was doing pretty well with taking some iron pills and then I forgot them over break. I’ve been a bit of a failure with reincorporating them into my med routine. This weekend – I’m going to fix this. I’m going through oh so many cupfuls!
An invigorating post, eh? Really, I needed to finally hit “post” – side note, whenever I say this word, I can hear my Michigan accent. Very strange. Happy weekend!