I know it seems a little cliché to write my first post back in a million years on New Year’s Eve. Oh well. I’ve attempted a couple of posts in the last few days but they were all too involved. I need to split some of this business up or you would be reading for about 10 hours!
Naturally, I have no idea where to start. So, I’ll do a list. I never realized how much I love lists until I started writing this blog. Here we go:
1. I’m currently hanging out in my own place! Yay! I somehow got a sweet deal in an incredibly tough rental market in my home town. I’m not kidding – it’s nuts. Lack of availability means rent is large and in charge for so many places. Not to mention, many places are run through renting agencies which require you to make three times your rent on a monthly basis. Hahahahaha (this is a crazed laugh, can you tell??). Again, I thank my lucky stars that a) I’m persistent and b) that things worked in my favor.
2. I also got an amazing deal on a set of furniture! I love it when a plan comes together!
3. My house is right next door to my dad’s house so I was able to bootleg enough internet for my LuLaRoe business but other than that, I didn’t have access for THREE WEEKS due to connectivity problems. I watched Twilight, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter over and over again.
4. LuLaRoe. Since my job search has not been fruitful, LuLaRoe is my source of income. Being my own boss and having my own business is both neato and terrifying! As a new consultant, it takes time to build a customer base, inventory, along with revamping my business plan over and over again. This results in waking up to panic attacks in the middle of the night! HOWEVER, I have already met some fun people and am looking forward to continuing this journey. Not to mention, I am enjoying this business a lot! Although a job would be helpful! Just keeping it truthful here.
5. More LuLaRoe. I love the clothes! My sister had to tell me “stop shopping your inventory!” Haha, seriously though, so many treasures! Not to mention, when women (those are my current customers) try the clothes on the delight in their eyes is fantastic. One woman swore off dresses many moons ago. She put on the Carly dress and LOVED it! First dress in forever and she bought it 10 minutes after trying it on and looking in the mirror. It’s an amazing feeling to be a part of these moments.
6. I was doing well in the fitness realm in August, September and the first two weeks of October. I was walking about every other day and even running! My bum knee was responding in a positive way! Then life took over and my routine fell by the wayside. I will say, I ran a Turkey Trot with my sister and I was able to run a heck of a lot more of it than I thought I could. That being said, the aforementioned anxiety and work load has led to some additional weight loss while no longer sticking to the walking/running. I’ll get in the zone with LuLaRoe and forget to eat. For the record, I don’t forget to eat. Ever. I always thought this was a silly phrase and perhaps a fake phenomenon. Nope. It does happen. I’ve reached my goal weight, although I think I need to reinvigorate my walking/running since forgetting to eat isn’t the healthiest weight loss method nor one that I can count on to keep the pounds off. I mean, I’m starting to remember to eat (a positive thing for sure).
7. Overhauling my life has been more complicated than I ever would’ve imagined. There will be posts on this all on their own. While I knew it would be a tough and interesting transition, this information was processed in the practical/logical part of my brain, rather than the emotional-feely part of the brain/heart/spiritual side. Like I said, more posts to come on this since I do enjoy processing. Also, it was ABSOLUTELY the right choice!
8. Happy New Year! I don’t make New Year resolutions anymore. Some of the items or goals I mentioned above are things I’ve already been working on and need to get more assertive in making them a reality. I recognize many people see it as a fresh start but I consider to be this marker. So, I have another month and 3 days to my “new year” and I’m going to continue to work on my goals and work through the transitions.
Off to take photos of new inventory! My blog page is getting more traffic than my LuLaRoe page and it’s reminded me how much I love to write! Happy New Year everyone!