While there hasn’t been a lot going on for me lately, there have been a few key big ticket items that packed a punch. Without further ado, I shall elaborate:
1. I put my name in the lottery for the New York City Marathon! Yay! I’m beyond hopeful this becomes my reality. I know it’s a long shot but the thought of it is too dreamy for words. It’s on my bucket list of races, along with the Flying Pig Marathon. I’ve talked about this one before because it’s so fantastic. My optimistic plan is I will do the Flying Pig and then spend the week hanging out with my Michigan family and then wrap up the vaca with the Kalamazoo Marathon. It will happen.
2. I decided I am going to do the 1/2 marathon of the North Olympic Discovery marathon weekend. In a prior post I said I was going to do the full, but I haven’t started any kind of training yet. While in the past this wouldn’t have stopped me from jumping in feet first (so to speak), however, after putting my poor knee through the wringer during the Detroit 26.2 I am going to play it smarter this time around. I know, who am I?! Not to mention, it’s even cutting it close to be starting a 1/2 marathon training plan. I live on the edge.
3. I caught the plague (only slightly exaggerating here). It was that nasty influenza that seems to be running rampant. It hit our town – I swear, every other facebook post was about families being down and out with the flu. I didn’t/couldn’t get off of the couch for 6 days. I did have to make one trip to the post office for work and I came home and napped for a few hours, I was so exhausted. And it’s still lingering a bit. So, if at all possible, stay healthy! A fellow LuLaRoe consultant in town and I were talking and her family caught it. Her hubby walked around the house with a mask, haha! I laughed, yet now I think he was brilliant as he didn’t get sick.
4. I turned 39. I love aspects of my birthday; the numbers are sequential, I love being an Aquarius, I love having a winter birthday, and I don’t shy away from the attention. I do have troubles with the aging piece. It’s a surreal experience for me. My niece and I were talking the week before and she said, “aren’t you going to be 40?”. I paused and my heart skipped a beat. Was I going to be 40?!! For a moment, I wasn’t sure – did I mention at my doc visit before I moved back from MI I thought I was 37? I told the nurse she was wrong when she was trying to confirm my 38 status. Her response, “the computer does the math” when we were talking about what year I was born. I felt like I lost a year of my life! Then when my niece said 40, I panicked that I lost yet ANOTHER year! I’m not ready to be 40.
5. Now, the Sunday before my birthday, I was babysitting my sweet baby niece (this was also the day of my contamination). I walked into my sister’s kitchen and my feet went out from under me – their floor was like a freakin’ ice rink (and apparently walking is dangerous for me) and I went down. HARD. I was holding an unlit jar candle that came crashing down as well, (I think) crushing my pinky finger, and bouncing up to smack me in the face. I laid on the floor for a moment, in shock. Then I almost threw up and passed out. I got up and moved to the couch where I spent about 10 minutes trying to stay conscious and vomit free. My poor pinky turned purple immediately and blew up. I was convinced it was broken. I no longer think this, I think I smashed it. It still messed up and have a feeling the healing will continue to be slow.
6. Did I mention I caught my bout of influenza the day before my birthday? Instead of enjoying some festivities, I was on the couch. Some perks were, my dad made me pancakes in the morning and then later brought me my favorite dinner from a local place, my sister dropped off two cupcakes, and my grandma made me a lemon pie-like dessert. It was quite sweet of them. I also started watching Justified. I dig it. What this does mean is the week leading up to my birthday (my poor hand was a disaster) and the 2 weeks after it were a rude beginning to this upcoming year. I’ve decided it’s the universe’s way of purging the toxins from my life to ready me for an epic year ahead. Probably starting around March 1st.
Please agree with me with regards to the universe’s plan for me. Much obliged.