Here are a few of my fun finds. This is the third time I’ve typed this sentence as my stupid thumb brace has somehow magically hit all of the buttons in tandem to erase what I’ve typed. Maybe it was the blogging gods giving me a hint…
Anyway, here we go:
First and foremost this most fabulous gif ever:
Yep, rewatch it as many times as you need/want to. I’m in total and absolute love!
2. At the expo this weekend I found this sweatshirt:
A “Run MI” hoodie! I love me a good hoodie, or long sleeve t so this was perfect. Not to mention it was only $25 AND it’s a decent color that won’t show too much cat hair. Oh and Michigander pride!
3. Honey Maid Grahamfuls. These probably aren’t the most nutritious snack out there but it reminds of when we used to put frosting on graham crackers as a kid. I got the peanut butter/chocolate flavor but there are a bunch to pick from. They are tasty.
4. Adding mini chocolate chips to my Chobani snack size yogurt. Mini chocolate chips are too fun so I’m compelled.
6. Did you know ants hate cinnamon? I didn’t either and I’m hoping it’s true. There must be an ant nest outside of my apt because I’ve been seeing a few of these bad boys. They aren’t giant carpenter ants (vomit) but they aren’t the itty-bitty ones either. I think they are the middle children of the ant family. I’ve lined my window sills with cinnamon as it isn’t dangerous for Simon. Fingers crossed this works and doesn’t attract other critters, which I didn’t even consider until office mate suggested chipmunks might like it. Just something else for me to worry about when lying in bed at night.
7. New sunglasses. I ALMOST bought the white polka dot ones (see the above proclamation of love) however, they were just a bit TOO big. Settled on another gem that are still bigger but don’t completely eat my face up.
8. Yuengling – as I may have mentioned, I’m not a huge beer fan but more and more it’s growing on me. Sometimes I find it odd that the running culture does include quite a bit of beer consumption… just a thought… I had one of these puppies the other night before the race and it was very drinkable. I will definitely purchase in the future.
9. Head scarves! I’m wearing one in the above sunglasses pics and I adore them. Headbands give me headaches and these are perfect. I haven’t gone to bohemian in the styling quite yet but the option is there. Target, friends – they are a bit shorter than the neck scarves although you can still wear them in this fashion as well.
10. Some good songs. Office mate is my personal DJ and he has great taste in music. Many of my new favorite songs on my running mix I hear first at work. Unfortunately, they are on my ipod which is currently somewhere so I can’t give you any names. More to come…
11. I guess I didn’t really find this per say, it’s more like I put it into action. I’m trying to make working out more of a habit as opposed to something I do my best to wiggle out of on a daily basis. I don’t want to THINK it’s optional. I took mini post-its, numbered them 1-21 and get to remove one each day I do a work out. I’ve also established how many days I can actually miss during this period before I have to start completely over again. Like a reverse advent calendar, I’m loving ripping one of those suckers off the wall. I missed 3 days in a row this week though so it’s time to start over. I was going to give myself one more day to hop back on the train but time to be more honest with myself.
Here I go again… That’ll do for now me thinks.