1. I wrote yesterday’s post completely on my phone. I’m not sure I will make it a regular thing but for the lazy girl inside it was nice not to have to break out my computer. I did have to give it quite the edit once I opened it on my laptop though.
2. Speaking of which, my friends teach college students. They have students who typed an entire paper from their phone in the body of the email (who does this?!). I’m not even sure how they did it. Don’t worry – they had to rewrite it.
3. Surprisingly, I came home yesterday and wasn’t utterly exhausted. This is a major change from how I usually feel. I even woke up every two hours the night before! I used whatever reservoir I had tapped into and went for a run. Well, after I sat on the couch for a bit.
4. I can’t stop eating blueberry bagels. And peanut butter. It’s one of the few things that actually sounds good right now. Oh and yogurt but that’s essentially a given.
5. With fall hitting and winter right around the corner, Simon is extra cuddly. I love it. He insists on sitting on my lap all the time.
6. In the next two weeks I will have access to free PT injury assessments. One is the 15th, which just happens to be before my marathon. The next one is the 30th, just after. Perfect timing! Thankfully they are at different clinics so the 2nd one won’t know how dumb I was to run 26.2 on an injured ankle. My dad isn’t quite sure about my thought process regarding marathoning injured. I’m determined to run/finish it. The money is a factor, so is the medal and then there is something else driving me that I can’t quite identify.
7. I found an interesting mini diet plan on pinterest. Please feel free to roll your eyes, especially after yesterday’s post. I know it’s silly and I want to not want to do it. But I’m going to. Right after the marathon. Trust me, there is actual food on this plan albeit a low calorie count. I am finished with training after the 19th though, which completely justifies my absurdity.
8. I saw this buzzfeed about anxiety this morning. If you were ever wondering what it feels like, then take a gander.
9. Speaking of which, I started having a panic attack on Tuesday. I decided to try to ride it out. About an hour later I was doing a bit better. I am going to keep trying to push through them if possible before jumping to my “extra strength in the moment” anxiety meds.
10. More t-rex humor… I’m obsessed
I guess my brain hasn’t been very active as of late. To be honest, I’m getting focused/antsy about the impending marathon. I can’t believe it’s here. I’m both freaked out and happy it will be done soon. Hey – good luck to anyone racing this weekend and to all of you Chicago runners!! Wahoo!