I know I’m odd… its BEAUTIFUL weather here yesterday and today but it freaks me out. 77 degrees at the end of October? Polar bears are crying… I can feel it. Nevertheless, it’s Thursday and a day to chat about what I am grateful for in life. This is important. So, without further ado, what am I thankful for this week?
1. I finished a marathon. Yep, I know I mentioned this (a few 100 times) but I’m kind of still getting used to the idea. It doesn’t really feel like it happened. People are still asking me how it went and the answer I keep telling them is, “it was HARD!”. Because I inhale blog posts from a number of bloggers, I had kind of lost the whole concept of, “marathons are tough and not everyone runs them”. In my cyber-world, EVERYONE runs marathons, so it ain’t that special. Hello?! Earth to Amy! You rocked 26.2 miles! Way to go!
2. I laughed out loud at this:
3. I’m carving my pumpkin this weekend! Yippeee!
4. I recently saw a quote on pinterest or facebook and it said something about the days being darkest before the dawn. Or maybe it was something about a storm passing and a rainbow. I’m not putting these memes/sayings down – I’ve found comfort in them many times. What I realized though, was for the first time in a year, I WASN’T in need of this type of boost. I’m not trying to brag here. I feel like the foggy blah of depression/where is my life is going doesn’t feel so overwhelming. This has been nice.
5. Thanks so much for the awesome feedback on my whole carb-y “problem”. Haha, I feel like there should be some kind of support group for us carb-folks. Although I have a feeling it would turn into one heck of a carb recipe-swap! ;)
6. I have a bib for Tyranena!! Oh my gosh! Thanks to Kim from Life in the Twin Lane , I will be running alongside my Panty Raider teammates in WI. I can’t wait to see them! These women rock my socks off and totally crack me up. It’s going to be a fantastic weekend full of laughs, running, beer and hopefully cheese – I mean, it’s WI after all. Next weekend… Yay!
7. The Tiger’s are in the World Series! I’m not a super fan but I love how excited fans get around here. People are absolutely GIDDY – I love that energy!
8. Tuesdays nights – these are spent hanging out with friends watching scary stuff on tv. It’s just for the month of October but it has been a blast.
9. My blog-aversary is coming up soon! Okay, in about a month but STILL! The fact I am still writing is a major feat for me. I guess it’s like running – it has become one of my passions. I have some ideas of how I am going to celebrate and I’ll keep you updated!
10. I’m getting some of my running/working out mojo back. I know tons of people talk about how they can’t wait to get back to running after their marathon but I’ve enjoyed the lazy time. However, I am starting to feel the “crazy” seep in (running is cheaper than therapy) and I’m not sleeping as well. All point toward the need to lace my running shoes back up. It’s weird though, the last time I had them on I was trucking through the hills of San Fran. It seems like a life time ago!