IT’S RAGNAR WEEK!!!!
Oh my gosh! I am so freakishly excited! Yesterday, I was working hard not to vomit all over the place because I was nervous but then I started talking to my teammates and I felt so much better. They are all really excited as well! They have the best attitudes and are giving women. I still can’t believe how lucky I am to be part of this team.
So, here is the deal…
1.On Sunday I ran a 5 miler then walked a mile home on very fatigued legs. In fact, at one point they just plain ol’ hurt. I stopped for about a minute and then rallied. I did have to walk a couple of times but the last mile I told myself to go for it. Then I kept repeating, “you ARE mentally strong”. I wanted to prepare myself for the running 3 times business that is coming up this weekend but even more I wanted to prove to myself I am capable.
2. Some shopping – yes, I do need some supplies before hitting the road on Thursday morning. We need to pack lightly since we are taking two mini-vans. Packing lightly isn’t one of my strengths but I am determined to make it happen. Sunday I bought some baby-wipe things for a “shower”, some Neutrogena face wipes (I really don’t want to massively break out this weekend!) some feminine wipes (let’s face it ladies – there is some delicate pH balance going on with us!) and some snacks.
3. I bought my train/bus ticket. Good thing I plan ahead!
4. Hooked myself and my teammates up with some pirate-y gear!
5. Ordered my ruffle-bum undies last week and they arrived today. They are pretty cute – one pair of pink ones with a bow and then some hot red ones. ALL ruffles, all the time!
6. Bought some Nike capri tights. I tried these on last week when I bought my run skirt. Then the next day I got a coupon for $10 off and took it as a sign it was meant to be. Plus they have a yellow stripe down the side that I am hoping will help with a bit of reflection at night. Do I need new capris? Well, the last time I wore one of my favorite pairs there was some unfortunate chaffing. Not having to experience that on a 200-mile relay = PRICELESS!
7. Found a white pullover long sleeve on sale at Target. More of that reflection business – here’s hoping I won’t get hit by a car!
8. Made meatloaf. Not really sure how this helps me to prepare but I watched an old episode of “Dinners, Drive-In’s and Dive’s” last week and someone had a meatloaf sandwich. I don’t eat meatloaf sandwiches but I do LOVE this super tasty Weight Watchers recipe! YUM!
9. Figured out my caffeine issue… okay, I do have an addiction to coffee! I LOVE IT! I also really do “need” it to get my arse up and running. Considering we won’t be sleeping much this weekend, I don’t want to be a total failure all because I’m caffeine-dependent/deprived. SO, I have planned to scope out some chocolate milk and then add some instant coffee to it. I already have the instant and I’m dang proud of my ingenuity!
10. Freaked out, wanted to vomit and took a rest day. Don’t worry – I won’t include any pictures of wanting to vomit! I did however, decide to take a full and complete rest day yesterday. While this means I ruined my RW Run Streak, I have been waiting for the Chicago Ragnar since November. I am going to restart my own streak simply because I really wanted to do it. However, my legs were incredibly tired and sore. I do feel better and feel confident I made the right decision. Tonight I ROCKED 4 miles speedy-style!
I’m sure there is more – we are putting the finishing touches on plans as a team and I think the biggest way I am prepping is just getting completely PUMPED. Earlier I was nervous because my pace isn’t as fast as I would like, blah, blah. Truthfully though, I want to ENJOY this experience! It’s such a fantastic and fun opportunity! Not to mention part of my FUN-FILLED SUMMER!