Thankful Thursdays are some of my favorite posts. I like taking some time out to each week to think about what I am grateful for. I’m working on trying to focus on the positive things in life! There really are so many and it’s simply too easy to get caught up in the negative happenings. I know it sounds all hippish but it’s become more and more important to me and living a healthy life. So, here is this weeks list!
1. Simon is recovering! Thanks so much for all of your kind thoughts and comments! I still get to put ointment in his eyes twice a day (oh yeah, he LOVES this!) but his eyes are looking healthier. Simon, of course, is milking this for all it’s worth! More treats? Just looks at me with his weepy lil’ eyes! Wants to cuddle with me? Just sends out a little meow and I’m toast. Actually, when he wants to cuddle, I’m always toast but even more so now. Anyway, he is on the mend, and I have recovered from the stress of having a sick pet. When I have kiddies, I’ll probably be pathetic excuse of a human when one of them gets sick!
2. Some quality push ups! Wahooo! Let’s face it, feeling strong is pretty bad ass. I’m looking forward to building more muscle.
3. Running documentaries! Haha, yes, I might be a nerd – okay, I am a nerd, but I love to watch these flicks. I watched one about the creator of the New York City Marathon, “Run for Your Life”, “Spirit of the Marathon”, and “Running the Sahara”. Running the Sahara is about three men who ran across the Sahara desert in 111 days. Crazy, eh? I love listening to others talk about their love of running. It’s so inspiring! Watch these!!
4. Day off – nope not Labor Day, although that was handy. Today I woke up with another migraine. Actually, I’ve had quite the cluster of headaches recently. I feel VERY lucky to be able to take the day off as needed. I am more than grateful to have a job with benefits, sick leave and the support to take the time to recover. I used to never use my sick leave and I never fully realized how detrimental this was to my overall well-being. It definitely helps the healing.
5. An old (AWESOME) friend encouraging me to write my book – a good friend and I have been chatting about my book. He asked how far I had gotten since I’ve been talking about it for a very long time! When my answer was less than satisfactory he stepped in… and has decided to light a fire under my arse! By the end of Sept I owe him a chapter as well as a story outline. Scary! Haha, seriously, it IS! You know when you’ve wanted something for so long it’s daunting to actually do it?! I’m incredibly appreciative of the motivation. I’ll keep you updated!
6. these ice cream bars – YUM! And only 160 calories. Lately, I’ve had a hankering for ice cream but haven’t indulged. These are the perfect size for portion control and not terrible stats. They also taste AMAZING!
7. FALL!! Yay!! I am thrilled we have reached Sept and into the beginning of fall. In my line of work, August is a killer. I’m beat and it usually takes a couple of weeks to recover (hence all of the headaches). But I am getting there. It also means pumpkin, cooler temps for running, cute fall running clothes and lots of races. I love it! My favorite races are coming up, Campus Classic (local 5k), The Peacock Strut (local 10k), my FULL marathon and the Hot Chocolate 15k in Chicago. I love fall racing season!
I’m feeling much less crabby today and working on rebuilding my emotional reserves that were depleted during August. It’s a good thing yesterday wasn’t Thursday or this list would have been short! Happy Thankful Thursday!