Whew! What a week! I feel like this thought crosses my mind every week. Last week, I really struggled with the thankful thursday post. This week it’s been much easier…
1. My “little” bro’s birthday was this week!! I love it! He and I are only about 18 months apart so when he catches up a bit, it cracks me up. Why? Because it seems like he got old while I haven’t! Yes, well, in my mind at least…
He and my dad are still hanging out together on the other side of the world. My brother, Kevin is one crazy cat. He is fiercely ambitious and is an incredibly hard worker. Kev is a freelance photographer and has been published in the likes of National Geographic, Time and plenty of others. He is super talented and works tirelessly.
One of my favorite stories about him, is for his 30th birthday he climbed to the highest base camp of Mount Everest. I know… I went to the bar for mine!
2. My speed work – I was pretty pleased with my mini speed work session yesterday. Why? My time wasn’t earth shattering or anything but it was quality, CONSISTANT effort! I typically have this thought in my mind that I need to be careful because I will never be able to sustain whatever pace I am shooting for. But I proved myself wrong yesterday! Yay!
3. Tyranena!! So excited to travel to the exotic land of Wisconsin to hang out with my lovely Ragnar teammates this weekend. We are having a slumber party tomorrow night AND Saturday night with some half marathon fun Saturday morning. Yippee!
4. Ummm… this picture of Kevin
5. Just overall grateful… I know this has been a tragic week for many and I feel damn lucky. It’s so easy to forget to recognize the positive in our everyday lives when we get bogged down by deadlines, issues, traffic – whatever. I’m not saying these situations don’t warrant stress because they do! But the more I remember to be grateful for the good things the better I am able to handle the rough stuff.
Oh and a run always helps!