I couldn’t decide on a title for this because it really is going to be a bunch of rambling – that probably should be the title. The following things have been rattling around my brain for the last few days and I need an outlet. Lucky you! Of course it’s in list form, silly goose!
1. People who say you either shouldn’t or can’t eat a whole pie by yourself clearly lack ambition. Trust me. I am ambitious. I really don’t know why I don’t make pumpkin pie more often – I love it. Maybe it has to do with my ambitious nature.
2. Super thankful for my little ice machine. My normal supplier was closed up for the holiday weekend but “babycakes” (as I affectionately nicknamed her – stolen from Spike, see below) did a great job. Multiple cupfuls of ice were consumed.
3. I had big plans on being productive during this past minibreak. I wasn’t. Unless you count powering through a couple of seasons of Flashpoint, which I doubt I should. TeamSpike forever.
4. Have you ever watched so many episodes of a tv show that you get really into the characters? Seriously, I had to remind myself “these people ARE NOT real!” Maybe I should have talked to more actual humans…
5. I did not go black friday shopping this year. I’ve done it for YEARS – back in the day when I was home for Thanksgiving break during college and my mom would drag me out of bed to run through walmart picking up presents for the little cousins and family. While I kind of felt like I abandoned a tradition, I didn’t need anything. Not to mention I didn’t want to be mobbed by all of the people and traffic. Social anxiety saved me money and clutter this year!
6. Monday morning I had the brilliant idea to weigh myself. I know, WTF was I thinking?! Nevertheless, I knew it was time to face the numbers. I haven’t moved much since I ran the marathon. I should definitely be more than 2 lbs heavier but “thankfully” my ulcer makes it difficult to eat, so you know, silver lining. Now, I need to get back on the treadmill for some walking, swimming for less impact and continue to strengthen my muscles with the PT exercises. All of this written out looks a bit overwhelming considering my recent lack of motivation so I am going to break it down into some manageable pieces.
7. Speaking of ulcer city, two things. Sad face – I can no longer have my afternoon coffee (well, I managed yesterday but probably not advised). I’m not kidding when I say, I find a sense of lost in this fact. I luuuuurve it. But it kicks up my stomach pains, so to the curb with it. Next up – happy face – my stomach hurt on Wednesday even though I sort of had the day off BUT I felt better for 3.5 days! Better than I have in MONTHS. It was delightful. Sunday afternoon? Acid boiled up again. Stress man… working on some life changes.
That’s all for now. I have a couple of other random posts on the way and hopefully some kind of aerobic activities to report on in the next few days. I have every intention of losing these two silly pounds in the next 22 days, so I better get crackin’. Not to mention, the endorphins, digestion help and the overall good feels that come with being active.